lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #20287] tcp_output_nagle sends too early

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #20287] tcp_output_nagle sends too early
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 19:55:39 +0000

The new algorithm performs much better.

Because small chunks are put together to form bigger segments more often, the
tcp_pcb->snd_queuelen is more possible to overflow now, however.

There is some incosistency about the snd_queuelen variable, anyway: one time
it is referred to as 'the total number of pbufs for this segment', another
time with 'update number of segments on the queues'. I think the number of
pbufs makes more sense to configure for small systems, but overflowing should
be checked (not only with an assert, can happen in runtime environments,
also).

And we _should_ convert snd_buflen to an u16_t: if you have a send-buffer of
32KBytes and want fill that up with many small pbufs, you easily get more
than 255 pbufs in that chain!

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?20287>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/