lwip-devel

RE: [lwip-devel] Re: [task #7040] Work on tcp_enqueue

From: bill
Subject: RE: [lwip-devel] Re: [task #7040] Work on tcp_enqueue
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 08:48:22 -0500

>Unfortunately, I still don't see what you mean by 'split the pbufs'?
>You allocate the pbufs you need and copy data into it. Or at least
>that's how I see the current code...

Yeah, I blew it.  The data coming in is split to fill segments.

> I'm not saying we have to tune lwIP's TCP for speed only, but in my
> opinion the current implementation is, let's say, sub-optimal and worth
> thinking about a solution for it.

I agree.  I suppose we don't know the breakdown of the use of lwIP.  Are
there 3 categories:

1) Smallest code size possible.  Bandwidth doesn't matter.
2) Highest bandwidth possible.  Code size don't matter.
3) No requirement for either code or bandwidth.

I've left RAM requirements out because it is already highly configurable.

Bill