lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] Fwd: Re: TCP errors going from 1.4.1 to 2.0.3

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] Fwd: Re: TCP errors going from 1.4.1 to 2.0.3
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2017 11:40:20 +0100

Bill Auerbach wrote:
I've just spent 2 hours again with cached pointers and flushing on Ethernet TX and RX and it mostly works - it's just not error free.

What do you mean by "not error free"? Invalid checksums in your TX packets or dup-acks + retransmissions (which would be errors in the RX path)?

When flushing caches, it's important that struct pbuf is cache-aligned, i.e. flushing/invalidating the payload region does not interfere with the rest of the struct.

As to copying data into application buffers: that part may be true, but before you get the rx callback, lwIP already processes the headers. I'm not sure how performance is affected when this is done uncached.

Simon