lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] Bug in core/mem.c

From: Jason White
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] Bug in core/mem.c
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2018 13:17:26 -0400

Is there a bug filed for this?

-----Original Message-----
From: lwip-devel <address@hidden> On Behalf Of Matthias Pfaller
Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2018 8:00 AM
To: address@hidden
Subject: [lwip-devel] Bug in core/mem.c

Hi,

I just tracked down a bug in mem.c that leads to sporadic memory corruption
when LWIP_ALLOW_MEM_FREE_FROM_OTHER_CONTEXT is active.

I think lfree needs to be declared volatile (static struct mem * volatile
lfree). Otherwise the compiler might use the old value of lfree at the top of
the for-loop in mem_malloc.

regards, Matthias
--
Matthias Pfaller                          Software Entwicklung
marco Systemanalyse und Entwicklung GmbH  Tel   +49 8131 5161 41