lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #57710] Unable to reinitialize the TCP connection

From: Praveen Kumar
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #57710] Unable to reinitialize the TCP connection
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2020 12:02:12 -0500 (EST)

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
         Planned Release: None
            lwIP version: 2.0.3

Details:

Hi ,

we are using LWIP 2.0.3 for one of our project to establish the TCP connection
from ECU and Atmel micro.
We got the LWIP from atmel itself and i have modified little to support VLAN
data receive and transmit.
But now we are seeing some issue during data transmission.
When the ECU goes to sleep, it cut down the Ethernet link and when it wakes up
it will establish the Ethernet connection.
But here when the ECU wakes up the communication is not going well from our
LWIP stack. We are seeing multiple re transmissions which are causing issues
in data transmission.
So we planned to reinitialize the LWIP stack after ECU goes to sleep.
But when i do shut down the connection, the connection is not closing as there
is no FIN request response from ECU and its getting stuck in tcp_slow timer.
Also i have seen new behavior like when i received new frame on TCP, i am
trying to ACK back using ACK now function(tcp_ack_now(pcb);tcp_output(pcb);),
but i am seeing the ACK packet after my data packet is been transferred.
This i didn't understand like why the ACK packet is transferred after data
packet? this is also one of the reason for us to see communication failure.

So, Is there any way like re initializing entire LWIP like fresh power
cycle(freeing all the PCB's and initializing as new power cycle).

Please let know how to do that, currently we are stuck here and our
communication is not proper.

I am attaching the images for our communication issues.
Here LWIP_IP: 192.168.6.182
     ECU IP : 192.168.6.144
If you see LWIP_TCP_DataSentoutFirst.JPG, the data is send first and ACK is
sent after that even though the ACK transmission is initiated first with
priority level set to MAX.

Thanks & Regards,
PraveenKumar.

File Attachments: