lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] (unit) testing of lwip

From: Mate Varga
Subject: [lwip-devel] (unit) testing of lwip
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2020 11:37:28 +0200

Hello,

I have made a small bug fix for lwip (#58473), and as a follow-up I'd like to make sure that this simple, compact functionality (converting hostname into a QNAME field) is unit tested. I have written a test and I'm trying to run the test suite, but it looks to me that the suite is broken in various ways (building it under *nix + gcc doesn't work, I can get into details later about how exactly).

I can try and fix the tests, but first I'd like to understand whether it is the intention of the project owners to keep the suite and the examples maintained -- I don't want to submit a patch and find out that it's not welcome :). Also it looks a bit odd that lwip's unit tests are run from and depend on lwip_contrib.

Should I invest effort into making some refactoring here? First of all I'd probably try to run unit tests without requiring lwip_contrib.

Thanks,
Mate