lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #59492] mDNS: mdns_handle_questions holds core lock fo

From: Erik Ekman
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #59492] mDNS: mdns_handle_questions holds core lock for excessive amount of time
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2020 16:58:23 -0500 (EST)

lwIP (and the mdns responder) also runs on systems without an operating
system, and then netconn and tasks are not available.

I am not sure if there is a way to offload it in case an operating system is
available.

Maybe the situation can be slightly improved also by limiting the parsing of
incoming packets, depending on the mdns state and the type of packet. For
instance, it might be possible to stop parsing answers heard once the mdns
state is stable - unless that breaks the collision detection, I would have to
check the details.

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?59492>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/