lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: [lwip] ACK query

From: Adam Dunkels
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: [lwip] ACK query
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 22:29:33 -0000

Hi Kieran!

On Friday 25 January 2002 11.04, you wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Jan 2002, Adam Dunkels wrote:
> > A short term workaround is to insert a call to tcp_output(pcb) in
> > tcp_recved(), but perhaps the whole delayed ACK stuff should be reworked.
> > The TF_ACK_NEXT flag could get a partner flag: TF_ACK_NOW which would be
> > set when an ACK should be sent directly. tcp_output() would look at this
> > flag to see if any ACK should be sent.
>
> Ok, I'll play around with it and see if I can come up with something that
> performs well.

I hastily implemented the above idea, with two flags for indicating whether
an ACK should be delayed or if it should be sent at once. The tcp_recved()
function now only sets the ACK flag if no ACK is scheduled - if a delayed ACK
is scheduled anyway, it doesn't modify the flags but if no ACK is scheduled,
a delayed ACK is flagged.

The code is in the CVS version avaliable from the homepage. If you find time
to review it, please do.

Thanks,

/adam
--