lwip-users

[lwip-users] [lwip] lwIP on DSPs

From: Bill Knight
Subject: [lwip-users] [lwip] lwIP on DSPs
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 22:24:00 -0000

  I'm new to this list and saw a post in the archives asking about
attempts to port lwIP to a TMS320 DSP.  Well, I just stopped work on
a port of it to a TMS320LF2407.  By far the most significant problem
(the one that stopped me) is that at least this particular DSP has a
16 bit char.  That specifically means that u16_t and u8_t are the
same size.  Consequently the assumption that two successive u8_t's
can be singularly accessed and combined into a single u16_t is false.
lwIP (and most other stacks) seem to rely upon this assumption pretty
heavily.
  As an aside, the only stack I have found so far which seems to
operate without major rework is CMX MicroNet.

Regards
-Bill Knight
R O SoftWare