lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: [lwip] compile warnings lwIP 4.2

From: Adam Dunkels
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: [lwip] compile warnings lwIP 4.2
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 22:26:40 -0000

Hi Leon!

On Thursday 22 November 2001 15.09, you wrote:
> My Tasking 2.5r2 compiler for C166 gives the following
> warnings on the 4.2 code. Basically, they consist of the
> following two warning types:
>
> - signed/unsigned type mismatch
>
> In C, a "char" may be both signed or unsigned _based on
> the compiler_ implementation. Explicitly define chars to
> "signed char" or "unsigned char". The same goes for
> #define's: use "U" behind a value to make it unsigned.

Ok, good point! Is the "U" a C standard? Does the same apply to "L" for
"long" constants?

> - unused function argument parameters
> Maybe I should disable this warning myself, but I often
> use
>
> if (unused_var);
>
> in order to prevent these warnings.

Yes, there are a lot of those. But I don't really want to fix them by adding
empty statements since it would clobber the code. Also, some really stupid C
compilers generates code even for empty statements such as the if() example
above :-/...

In any case, the warnings are annoying and I should try to remove them in 0.5.

/adam
--
Adam Dunkels <address@hidden>
http://www.sics.se/~adam