lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: [lwip] tcp_accept() and tcp_listen()

From: Adam Dunkels
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: [lwip] tcp_accept() and tcp_listen()
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 22:43:24 -0000

Hi Olek!

On Thursday 24 January 2002 18.53, you wrote:
> when using raw interface:
> should I call tcp_accept() BEFORE tcp_listen() ?
> it seems, that setting callback for accepting
> could be done before changing into the listen state..
>
> otherwise in some circumstances we could
> drop a connection, because "accept" is not set
>
> am I right, or not?

Actually, the order is not really that important. There is a possibility that
a connection is missed if tcp_accept() hasn't been called, but exactly that
would happen if the order was reversed. Look at this:

tcp_listen();
[Connection attempt - dropped because tcp_accept() wasn't set]
tcp_accept();
[New connection attempty - accepted]

tcp_accept();
[Connection attempt - dropped because tcp_listen() wasn't set]
tcp_listen();
[New connection attempty - accepted]

/adam
--