lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: [lwip] tapif_init : No such file or directory

From: Benny Simonsen
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: [lwip] tapif_init : No such file or directory
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 23:04:17 -0000

byung-hyun jang wrote:

> Hello, all
> I downloaded 1wip-0.5.3 under Linux and did "make" and ran ./simhost.
> and the following message came out
> ----------
> System initialized
> TCP/IP initialized
> tapif_init : No such file or directory
> ----------
>
> and seems that it didn't work correctly because of "tapif_init : No
> such file or directory", I guess.
>
> Anyone who know this problem and can fix it??
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Byung-hyun Jang

> [This message was sent through the lwip discussion list.]

On My Redhat 7.3 I had to create the tun device file.
Run the command ./MAKEDEV net/tun from the /dev directory. You have to
su to root (or logon as root). I don't know if MAKEDEV is Redhat
specific, but if you don't have it you should probably use the mknod
command.
Before you run ./simhost you must also have root privileges and the tun
driver must be loaded in the kernel (insmod tun).

Best Regards
Benny