lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: [lwip] Initialization Sequence

From: Adam Dunkels
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: [lwip] Initialization Sequence
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 23:12:03 -0000

Hi John!

> I've got my RTK8019as driver ported (but untested) at this point, and
> now I need to address system and stack initialization. It seems every
> subsystem has it's own init function. Now, I notice that tcpip_init()
> creates a thread that does tcp_init(), udp_init(), and ip_init(). There
> are also mem_init(), memp_init(), pbuf_init(), etc. How/when are these
> called?

The *_init() functions should be called during boot. sys_init() should be
called first, and then mem_init(), memp_init(), and pbuf_init() in any order.
When all those are called, ip_init(), udp_init() and tcp_init() should be
called.

> Another unrelated question: Are there ramifications of changing an IP
> address with the stack running?

It will cause problems for connections that are running when the change is
made. But other than that, it should work.

/adam
--
Adam Dunkels <address@hidden>
http://www.sics.se/~adam