lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: [lwip] TCP xfer stops

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: [lwip] TCP xfer stops
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 23:31:36 -0000

On Tue, 26 Nov 2002, Atanas Korchev wrote:

> I'm using lwip 0.5.3 multithreading. I'm trying to receive a 1.7 MB file
> using BSD sockets library function lwip_recv. Xfer is running fine but
> sometimes stops in the middle, waiting for more data to come but the
> sender application (win32 prog) claims that all data has been sent. I
> sniffed all communication using ethereal and realised that liwp was ACK-
> ing one single segment four to five times!

This should be expected every now and then, it just means that a packet
has been lost, and the receiver is signifying this to the sender by not
acking new data.  Either that, or it is sending a window update.  There
was a bug that could cause the sender to stop sending data during large
transfers, and I expect this is what you are seeing: