lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: [lwip] lwIP for Win32

From: Florian Schulze
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: [lwip] lwIP for Win32
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 22:11:24 -0000

Hi Phil!

> I built and ran lwIP under MSVC - no problems there, except what am I
> supposed to see/how do I test it? I can't ping the IP address it displays
> (192.168.2.200).

What IP Address has your main computer? I have chosen 192.168.2.200 because my
main computer has 192.168.2.1 so it's in the same network. You probably can't
ping, because the netmask filters out the IP address. The IP address is in
proj/msvc/test.c try to change it.
You can ping it, http it and it has a build in netio server to test the speed.

> My preferred Win32 compiler is gcc/Cygwin.  I did try to get lwIP to compile
> for Cygwin some time back, but I never got around to replacing the tun/tap
> interface.  I suspect it shouldn't be too much work to convert the WinPcap
> based test program to build under this environment (the macro expansion
> stuff shouldn't be an issue there either).

This really shouldn't be hard. I have just installed cygwin again, so maybe I
will try to do the port. You can also try it yourself, take my djgpp port and
replace the netio.c with the one from msvc, then you only need to add the
include and library directory of winpcap to the makefile. This should be
everything. Maybe you have to take a look at the changes between the CVS
versions. One thing you have to look for is in src/netio/arp.c the structure
packing stuff.

Florian