lwip-users

[lwip-users] [lwip] Too large OBJ code size

From: Imran Mansuri
Subject: [lwip-users] [lwip] Too large OBJ code size
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 22:37:21 -0000

Hello to all of you

I have compiled & run the Lwip for Dos with packet
driver interface.
The probem is that i want to cross compile it for
8051.
And executable code size for the stack is 90 Kb (as i
have compiled it with Turbo C)

But 8051 permits 64 Kb code size. And i also have to
consider code space for application program.
So to port the stack I have to limit it to 30 to 50
Kb. Can any one suggest me how to proceed?
Which compiler for 8051 should I use? or I have to
think of some higher level microcontroller with more
memory.

Eventhough i removed UDP, STAT, DEBUG, TCPDUMP, PERF
modules the code size is still 88Kb.

Following is the size of various modules' OBJ code
FILE NAME                 SIZE(BYTES)
-------------------------------------
TEST.OBJ                   7435
LIB.OBJ                    1388
INET.OBJ                   2814
MEM.OBJ                    4481
ETHERN~1.OBJ               7387
PACKET~1.OBJ               4321
ARP.OBJ                    6166
MEMP.OBJ                   6887
NETIF.OBJ                  3546
PBUF.OBJ                   6360
SYS.OBJ                    2702
TCP.OBJ                    14785
TCP_IN~1.OBJ               13130
SYS_ARCH.OBJ               2972
TCP_OU~1.OBJ               10982
ICMP.OBJ                   5037
IP.OBJ                     6689
IP_ADDR.OBJ                928
(TOTAL SIZE IN BYTES)     108010

TO Adam Dunkles

I read the LwIP documents where you showed object code
size for x86 is 22Kb but I am getting 90 KB which is
without any application protocol impl. Where is the
prob?

Awaiting for ur replies
Imran