lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: Re: [lwip] The future of lwIP

From: Leon Woestenberg
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: Re: [lwip] The future of lwIP
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 23:39:00 -0000

Hello,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Duncan Palmer" <address@hidden>
> access. These guys should have worked on a number of different parts of
the
> stack (not just writing drivers for example). Everyone else will have to
> submit their changes to the list as per usual for peer review, and one of
the
> 2 or 3 people with write access will check in the changes if they, and the
> list think they're ok. It is very important that these people with write
> access know enough about most of the stack to be able to effectively
evaluate
> all changes!

This seems like a good idea. Use the mailing list to issue problems and
features,
and then after much reviewing forward the changes into the current tree.

> Based on what I've seen on the list, my nominees for people with write
access
> would be Leon, Kieran and Paul.

Thanks for your trust. I am not familiar with the TCP part of the stack
though;
the rest has become rather familiar with me.

I think Paul has a major point in the complexness of the dynamic memory
management
issues, especially regarding the TCP part of the code, and the resulting
flakiness.

However, I think this is the best available open-source TCP/IP project I
have seen, so
it's definately worth every effort to make it rock stable.

Leon.