lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: [lwip] Sockets patch

From: Adam Dunkels
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: [lwip] Sockets patch
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 23:36:50 -0000

Hi Kieran!

On Monday 04 February 2002 16:40, you wrote:
> Adam, if you think this functionality is useful then you're welcome to add
> it to the current cvs tree.  The patch is taken against lwip-cvs-20020131.
> Let me know if the patch doesn't work for some reason, or I've obviously
> forgotten to include a diff or something.

This is definately useful! The socket layer hasn't been extensively tested
previously, and this patch definately makes sense.

I'll add this to the CVS later today.

> It could potentially increase the memory usage, and there is a slight
> increase in code size, so it might not be ideal for everyone.

But on the other hand, if one is interested in keeping memory usage and code
size down, the socket layer probably wasn't the best solution to begin with...

Thanks!

/adam
--
Adam Dunkels <address@hidden>