lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: [lwip] dhcp_fine_tmr()

From: Scott Robinson
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: [lwip] dhcp_fine_tmr()
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 00:43:12 -0000

--4Ckj6UjgE2iN1+kY

Wow, that really bites then. :-(

The data on the line, itself, is all clean. No faults or obvious packet
corruption. The DHCP handshake and maintance work fine... except, of course,
when it decides to crash. :-(

I have normal UDP working, so I can direct lwIP's debugging through my own
logging system. I'll see what I can rustle up.

Scott.

* Leon Woestenberg translated into ASCII [Wed, Nov 13, 2002 at 01:33:28AM +=
0100][<address@hidden>]
> Hello Scott,
>=20
> > I might simply be using DHCP wrong? There isn't much of an example in
> > simhost.c...
> >
> No, DHCP is the new kid on the block and needs to be documented in the
> next few weeks if I find time.
>=20
> I do not work with simhost either, I develop and debug directly on an
> embedded target.
>=20
> You might want to enable DHCP debugging (enabling ARP and IP debugging
> can prove useful as well) and use a protocol packet analyzer (Ethereal co=
mes
> to mind) to help me improve on DHCP.
>=20
> The DHCP code runs stable at my place, but your report suggests there sti=
ll
> are outstanding issues (that I cannot reproduce). I need to be able to see
> any
> fault in the code, or see the un-intended behaviour in order to fix thing=
s.
>=20
> Your net.c looks OK!
>=20
> Regards,
>=20
> Leon Woestenberg.
>=20
> [This message was sent through the lwip discussion list.]

--=20
http://quadhome.com/           - Personal webpage
tranzoa.net                    - Firewall

--4Ckj6UjgE2iN1+kY

--4Ckj6UjgE2iN1+kY--