lwip-users

[lwip-users] [lwip] The future of lwIP

From: Adam Dunkels
Subject: [lwip-users] [lwip] The future of lwIP
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 02:15:21 -0000

Hi all!

After reading through some 160 mails and sending out nearly 30 myself,
I'm feeling pretty red-eyed right now 8-)

As you all have noticed the last few months, my lwIP-time has been way
to small. I feel really bad about the fact that there are several
patches and bugfixes that haven't been applied and that the 0.6 version
should have been put out months ago.

Therefore, I have decided to put up lwIP on the open source development
portal sourceforge.net. This will make it possible for anyone to follow
the development with anonymous read-only CVS. But most importantly: this
will open up the CVS to other developers besides me.

I have opened an lwIP account on sourceforge and will be uploading the
homepage to http://lwip.sourceforge.net/ soon. This will be the new
official URL for lwIP.

I am currently reading through the documentation from sourceforge on how
to install the CVS account there and will commit the current lwIP
development version.

This will also mean that the lwIP mailing list will be moved over to
sourceforge. I'm not sure that it is possible to move everyone from this
list to the new list automatically, but I'll see what can be done.

So, who would be interested in becoming a collaborative developer with
CVS write access? I am not sure about the way lwIP ought to be managed;
I guess we'll see how many that are interested in joining in and work it
out from there. What do you think?

/adam
--
Adam Dunkels <address@hidden>