lwip-users

[lwip-users] [lwip] Rabbit 2000 / RTK8019as Port of lwIP Available

From: John C. Toman
Subject: [lwip-users] [lwip] Rabbit 2000 / RTK8019as Port of lwIP Available
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 02:21:32 -0000

Hi all,

After several months of working on this off and on, I have an alpha
quality port of lwIP 0.5.3 at
http://www.compendium-tech.com/RabbitTCPIP.jsp . The Rabbit 2000
(http://www.rabbitsemiconductor.com) is a descendant of the Z180. This
port uses the ANSI-C Softools compiler (http://www.softools.com). It
will not work with the non-ANSI Dynamic C compiler supplied with the
Rabbit development kits.

The Rabbit 2000/3000 core modules use the RealTek 8019as 10Mbps ethernet
chip. A driver for these modules is included. A warning: this is not a
generic RTK8019as driver and contains Rabbit-specific assembly code. But
one could use it to help understand how to write a driver for a
different processor.

I plan on adding Leon's DHCP client code next, as well as make
performance improvements. I also plan on extending the driver for the
newly released Rabbit 3000 core modules.

This port is not built on top of an RTOS, but through the use of
internal interrupts, I've implemented semaphores and message queues and
thus the netconn API is supported.

The main reason this took so long (started way back in November) is a
lack of time on my part due to other projects.

Regards,

John