lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: [lwip] lwIP for Win32

From: Adam Dunkels
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: [lwip] lwIP for Win32
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 00:48:00 -0000

Hi Florian!

On Wednesday 23 January 2002 15.20, you wrote:
> I hacked a port of lwIP to Win32 (Visual C++ 6.0). I did this mainly for
> testing some stuff, but it may be usefull for others as well. It's not
> really nicely done, but it works. It uses the WinPCap library for the
> netif. The sys_arch included is currently only single threaded.

Thanks, I added this to the lwIP homepage!

> @Adam:
> Please take a look at arp.c and ipv4/lwip/inet.h, I had to make changes
> there to compile with MS Visual C++ 6.0. It is not possible to do something
> like "#define PACK_STRUCT_START #pragma(push,1)", because the # char before
> the pragma is handled as a special char by the compiler and this produces
> an compile error. in inet.h I had to add a prefix to the declaration of
> htons and htonl, because thos functions are already defined with a special
> calling method in Visual C++.

Hmmm, an idea for PACK_STRUCT_START: would it be possible to do something like

#define PACK_STRUCT_START #include "arch/pack_struct_start.h"

and put

#pragma(push,1)

in arch/pack_struct_start.h? It is terribly ugly, but would it work?

/adam
--
Adam Dunkels <address@hidden>
http://www.sics.se/~adam