lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: [lwip] Question and thoughts..

From: David Ryan
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: [lwip] Question and thoughts..
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 00:32:36 -0000

Jani Monoses wrote:

>>Hi..
>>
>>I've recently downloaded lwip060rc1 and been working with that.  I
>>finally got lwip so that I can *nearly* ping it from my pc, however
>>ethereal is showing up that the ping response ICMP checksum is inccorect
>>set as 0x335c ( should be 0x6e98 ).  Windows is throwing the response
>>away as a bad packet.  I haven't started looking closely at the icmp or
>>ip files yet..  but thought that this sort of error would not show up
>>just in implementation?  Anyone have similar problem, or suggest how the
>>environment might effect the outcome of the checksum?  The IP checksum
>>is coming out correctly.
>>

>What platform do you run lwip on?

Attempting :)  to run it on a playstation2 on the IOP(IO Processor)
which is mips3000.  Playstation 2 has two processors..  one handling IO
(which is actually the old playstation one chip) and the other (EE)
handling the main programs.  I'm using a NetGear EA101 (Kawasaki
chipset) over its USB connections.  This isn't related to playstaion2
linux either.. this is direct access to the system.

On a different note.. is *anyone* using lwip in a multithreaded
environment?  I'm currently looking closely at the mbox code used in the
unix arch.. I've used it as the basis for the ps2.  One thing I noticed
is that the mbox->mail semaphore gets posted when the first message is
sent to the mbox.. but is never signalled when a message is removed.
 I've added the following just after mbox->first++ in mbox_fetch.  This
just resets the semaphore ready for next time when we've emptied the queue.

if ( mbox->first == mbox-> last )
   sys_sem_signal( mbox->mail );

I've still got a race condition which is causing the main thread to
stall.  It could be in my implementation of sys_arch_sem_wait.  I'll
keep searching.

David.