lwip-users

[lwip-users] [lwip] Porting lwip to AmigaOS and AROS

From: Sebastian Bauer
Subject: [lwip-users] [lwip] Porting lwip to AmigaOS and AROS
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 00:05:04 -0000

Hi

I have begun to port lwip (0.5.3) to AmigaOS and it will probably be the tcp
ip stack for AROS (look at www.aros.org for further infos about this OS).
All works great for example I also written a primitive slip interface (based
upon the source which is in the archive) and pinging the stack for example
already works from outside.

I discovered that in principle you only need to implement the semaphores
(besides the threads) as the mail boxes can be completly implemented with
help of them - the mail box functions in the unix port only use the lwip
semaphores for example (and also my port). So what do you think, would it
makes sense to move the mailboxes out sys_arch.c so that it will be even
more easier to port it to another platform? (maybe allow the porter to
implement this as an option).

I also tried to implement the raw sockets (SOCK_RAW) and would like to
commit this code. It's of course optional simliar to UDP and TCP (using
defines). Also it can contain bugs because I'm not really an TCP/IP expert.
Before I started porting didn't know anything about this stuff here.

Ciao,
Sebastian