lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Stats and code readability

From: Marc Boucher
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Stats and code readability
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 15:14:11 -0400

On Wed, Jun 18, 2003 at 08:06:53PM +0200, Leon Woestenberg wrote:

> Hello,
>
> > I wouldn't mind these macros either, but perhaps the outstanding patches
> > should be merged first (or at least give a clear answer given to their
> > authors if they are rejected) before doing more pervasive changes to the
> code?
>
> I think most of the outstanding patches have become too old to merge in.

I beg to differ and would like to kindly suggest that you (or fellow
maintainers) have another look at them.

> Some of the patches were huge and I have taken pieces from them.
>
> In general, the outstanding patches are still there either because
> - no documentation
> - too huge (not split up)
> - too old

Of the 13 presently open patches, 10 were submitted or refreshed
by myself quite recently (the majority just 5 days ago).
Most are small, low-risk, and self explanatory or imho adequately
commented. The largest is a set of critical fixes for PPP (and the
addition of support for testing under unix/linux) which I contributed
earlier.

I would appreciate if most open patches could be applied
or declined/closed before significant changes are done
to the source. Having to repeatedly re-sync by hand
and resubmit patches is no fun job. This energy could
be much better spent doing constructive work.

Thanks
Marc