lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Status of PPP implementation

From: Jacob Dall
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Status of PPP implementation
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 13:55:45 +0100

Peter,

In the system I'm working on, both client and server are embedded systems, so
I've no such option. For now, only one server and one client would be connected
together, but in the near future I expect several clients to connect to the
same server, using a 485-based network.

So, either one has to go for PPP, or one could implement an ethernet over
serial driver, sending the ethernet frames to the serial instead of to an
ethernet chip. I don't know if that could work, though.

Regards,
Jacob Dall