lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Patch #1326 breaks TCP

From: Zschocke, Florian
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Patch #1326 breaks TCP
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 13:32:26 +0200

Karl Jeacle wrote on Mittwoch, 15. Oktober 2003 15:58:

> I can see what the patch is trying to do, but pcb->unacked
> points to the start of the unacked queue, not the end.

The intention of the change is to move the for() loop out of the while()
loop since you only need to find the end of the unacked queue once as the
code is only adding to the end. Searching for the end again and again for
each packet to be appended is unnecessary.

I can't check against my sources right now but from memory it looks like you
are right and the for() loop got lost somewhere in the patch. IIRC it should
be at line 372 where useg is initialized. It should be pointing to the end
of the unacked list when it enters the "else" branch in lines 458ff.

Florian