lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Running a PPP connection in a one-task environment

From: christiaan . simons
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Running a PPP connection in a one-task environment
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 13:34:22 +0100

address@hidden wrote on 01-12-2003
01:44:03:

> But now, I'm requested to port this stack on a micro-controller
> (ST92F120). Without using an OS, all operations need to be done in the
> same task. Do somebody know if it is possible to use the lwip+PPP stack
> (or the uCIp stack) in such an environment or does it imply a full
> redesign of the stack ?

No you don't need to rewrite it. It is possible and relatively easy to use
lwip without a kernel. You need to write an 'event loop' for handling
incoming packets and various timers.

> I know an OS exists for this micro-controller but it is quite expensive
> :)

We use uC/OS-II, we think it has a good pricing.
It is free for educational/research purposes.

Succes,

Christiaan Simons

Axon Digital Design
Phone: +31 13 511 6666
Fax: +31 13 511 4151
web: www.axon.tv

=====================================================================================================

The information contained in this communication is confidential and is
addressed. Axon Digital Design Group is neither liable for the proper nor
for the complete transmission of the information contained in this
communication nor for any delay in its receipt. Axon Digital Design Group
does not guarantee that the integrity of this communication has been
maintained nor that the communication is free of viruses, interceptions or
interference. If you are not the intended recipient of this communication,
you are hereby notified that reading, disseminating, distributing or
copying this message is strictly prohibited. In that case please return the
communication to the sender and delete and destroy all copies. In carrying
out its engagements, Axon Digital Design Group applies general terms and
conditions, which contain a clause that limits its liability. A copy of
these terms and conditions is available on request free of charge.