lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] question on data consistence in the etharp.c module

From: Jani Monoses
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] question on data consistence in the etharp.c module
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 09:34:34 +0200

> 1) Is the above sequence correct or I am miss reading the code?
from what I know I think you're right.

> 2) Upon examining the etharp.c module, I do not see any mutual
> exclusion locking occurring.  Is this correct?
> 3) If there is multi-thread access to the arp table, is this or bug or
> I am overlooking something?
as Leon said the callers must handle the locking.

> 4) LWIP supports multiple network interfaces. But does it support
> multiple Ethernet network interfaces?

If there are multiple eth input threads calling directly into etharp
without locking as they currently are? It seems this could lead to
problems, but I am sure it's easily correctable if that's the case.
Let us know the results of your experimenting

Jani