lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Performance results

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Performance results
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 16:13:30 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004, Sergio Perez wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I'd like to know if there is any documentation about performance results
> comparing lwIP with other TCP/IP implementations such as the Linux
> TCP/IP stack.

Not lwIP exactly, but I've published some results comparing my heavily
modified lwIP running on custom hardware against the Linux TCP/IP stack.

The paper is here:

http://www.acm.org/sigcomm/sigcomm2003/workshop/niceli/papers/NICELI-p09-mansley.pdf

but the performance results/graphs are in the presentation:
http://www.acm.org/sigcomm/sigcomm2003/workshop/niceli/presentations/NICELI_mansley_talk.pdf

These results are fairly limited in scope, and pretty meaningless as there
are too many variables between the things I'm comparing, but it does
demonstrate that the stack can run fast (if you rip out all the slow
bits!)

Kieran