lwip-users

RE: [lwip-users] Question on structure packing

From: Mountifield, Tony
Subject: RE: [lwip-users] Question on structure packing
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 16:47:46 +0100

Hi John,

I am doing exactly the same exercise for the STi5516 evaluation system, and
found exactly the same problem. I have it working now, although still some
tidying to do, but had to rewrite the struture elements as arrays of bytes
instead of u16 and u32, and use macros to access them.

Since you're at ST, you probably know more about the issues than I do. I found
that if I did a longword access with a pointer that was not a multiple of four,
it fetched an aligned longword anyway. e.g.: if the pointer value was NNN0,
NNN1, NNN2 or NNN3, it would fetch the longword consisting of those bytes,
NNN0/1/2/3. So you can't even play clever games with pointers, and have instead
to fetch a byte at a time and stick them together.

Cheers,
Tony