lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Network Virtual Terminal

From: Robert
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Network Virtual Terminal
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2004 08:52:02 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 24 Apr 2004, Paul wrote:
> I am doing my own telnet service, which was working fine until someone used
> telnet on XP. After getting the RFC's I find that I need to support
> Network Virtual
> Terminal negotiation. Has anyone got an example of how to set up a
> Network Virtual
> Terminal so that telnet on XP behaves the same as telnet on win2K which
> does not
> (appear to me) to do NVT?

Paul, here is the routine I wrote to do a partial telnet negotiation.
It's easy to expand if you need more sequences to be handled.  You will
probably have to adjust the I/O routines to suit your environment.  The
idea here is that telnet_get() is called to retrieve the next char in the
input stream.  The routine locally responds to the far end as needed and
adsorbs the negotiation sequences.  So telnet_get() sits between the "raw"
input from TCP/IP and the application.

--
Best Regards,
Robert

Join the fight against spam, support the do-not-email list.