lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Struct packing/alignment problems

From: Timmy Brolin
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Struct packing/alignment problems
Date: Wed, 05 May 2004 14:55:55 +0200

How about you reading the entire discussion before you claim it does not work without pack directives. The question is: "Does the latest version of lwip WITH the ethernet header alignment fix AND the etharp header fix work witout pack directives?" Simply omitting the pack directives without applying the ethernet header alignment fix and the etharp fix will definitely break things.

Timmy

Jani Monoses wrote:

Can we give live examples of extranous padding?

Sure, ommitting the pack directives in lwip makes it not work with gcc
on ARM at least.I remember lwip 0.5.2 had all headers packed except ARP
and I remember debugging and finding that. Of course lwip 0.5.3 had been
released with the fix by that time I just wasn't aware :)