lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Establishing a link

From: Leon Woestenberg
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Establishing a link
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2004 19:29:08 +0200

Hello Robert,

Robert wrote:

When interfacing to certain Ethernet devices, my board is not be able to establish a link. If there is a 10baseT hub in circuit, it works every time, but if there is a direction connection between my board and certain devices, the link will not come up, or will only come up if the other device is power cycled.

We came upon a Cirrus Logic app note #AN205 that speaks to clearing bit 9
in the LineCTL register, but that bit is already cleared in my case.  We
are guessing that the problem is related to auto negotiation.  Does anyone
have any ideas or suggestions for solving this problem?

I remember we have had the exact same experience, i.e. 100baseT to a 10baseT cs8900 lwIP host. We also had to (re)start the "other" device after the lwIP host is alive.

I am not sure if we came up with a fix or other more practical workaround, but I will ask
my collegae. Maybe he is reading this as well.

Regards,

Leon.