lwip-users

[lwip-users] weird PPP problem

From: Michael Broughton
Subject: [lwip-users] weird PPP problem
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 19:08:27 -0600

Hi

The other day I ran into an interesting problem with lwip's PPP implementation. When I first try to connect everything goes just fine, as you can see in 1.txt.

The problem I have comes after I disconnect and then try to dial up and reconnect again. 2.txt shows the debug output for that session. I should point out that I do wait for PPP to completely shut down before I try to connect again the second time.

Anyway, it seems that the second time around everything goes fine, just like the first time, but it gets to a certain point and the modem just stops responding and I start running into timeouts. The only way to connect properly is to restart the system (or restart the simulator on my computer).

This problem isn't really a big deal for my project, it is alright if I have to restart between connections, but I would still like to get to the bottom of this. So if anyone has suggestions or has had the same problem, I wouldn't mind hearing about it.

Mike