lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] lwip maillinglist (fwd)

From: Leon Woestenberg
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] lwip maillinglist (fwd)
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2004 14:10:11 +0200

Hello all,

Kieran Mansley wrote:

I've forward this as the author was having troubles using the mailing list. Is there anything we (Leon?) can do to allow them to post?

Yes. The mailing list manager is configured to allow posts from members only, and the email address should match (and probably indeed reverse DNS lookup as well). This has helped us to minimize SPAM succesfully.

However, mailing list admins can *manually* allow non-subscribed email addresses to post. These addresses have to be added only
once.

I recently got 1 to 2 such requests a day, but they are increasing to 10 requests a day, and I do not have time to process them all.

I can add some mailing list managers (Kieran, are you interested?) to keep spread the load.

Regards,

Leon.