lwip-users

[lwip-users] raw vs sequential option question....

From: Eric Shufro
Subject: [lwip-users] raw vs sequential option question....
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 14:48:31 -0400

A bit confused here.

If a program uses the call back functions and uses tcp_write to send data,
then that is the raw api, or the sequential api?

That is the paradigm that I am using, and was wondering if I should have
LWIP_RAW set to 0 in my lwipopts.h.

Additionally, there is a comment for the memp settings saying:

/* The following four are used only with the sequential API and can be
   set to 0 if the application only will use the raw API. */

/* MEMP_NUM_NETBUF: the number of struct netbufs. */
#define MEMP_NUM_NETBUF         0
/* MEMP_NUM_NETCONN: the number of struct netconns. */
#define MEMP_NUM_NETCONN        0               //changed was 10
/* MEMP_NUM_APIMSG: the number of struct api_msg, used for
   communication between the TCP/IP stack and the sequential
   programs. */
#define MEMP_NUM_API_MSG        0 //changed was 16
/* MEMP_NUM_TCPIPMSG: the number of struct tcpip_msg, which is used
   for sequential API communication and incoming packets. Used in
   src/api/tcpip.c. */
#define MEMP_NUM_TCPIP_MSG      0 //changed was 16

But if this done, I get a compiler error saying an index value is out of
range. This is occurs in sockets.c.

On line 68: static struct lwip_socket sockets[NUM_SOCKETS];

Where NUM_SOCKETS is defined as MEMP_NUM_NETCONN which is 0!

Should this struct declaration have a #if(LWIP_RAW == 1) statement around
it?

So those are my two questions. Which api and I using, and should I be
zero'ing out those defines as the comment in lwipopts suggests.

Thanks,

--eric