lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] TCP performance in receiving

From: Craig Graham
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] TCP performance in receiving
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 08:33:23 +0100

On Monday 11 October 2004 13:53, Atte Kojo wrote:
> This way a duplicate ack is sent only when the senders window is empty.
> I can't tell how it behaves with small chunks of continuous data, but
> with bursts of large chunks it works pretty well. Someone with a
> different kind of an environment might like to test it also.

I ran the same test on this patch as I ran my previous patch - the result is
shown in the table below:

Stock 1.0.0 (with cvs mods)      74s        100% (baseline)
tcp_recved() mod (Craig version) 29s        255%
tcp_recved() mod (Atte version)  37s        200%

ie. It's performance isn't as good as the patch I posted yesterday. Don't
suppose anyone else fancies running a few TCP performance tests to confirm
this?

Laters,
Craig.