lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] initialisation of lwIP

From: christiaan . simons
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] initialisation of lwIP
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 14:18:51 +0100

address@hidden wrote on 20-12-2004
13:47:15:

> But I compared the two files and merged them and now there`s no error
> executing pbuf_init(); on the board and so I think the initialisation was
> successful.

Unless you know what you are doing this can be dangerous
to use an old pbuf.c. The one I've send you should work fine. It does for
us.

B.t.w. I've checked your board: it has more than
enough SRAM (512k) to run lwip.

> What`s now the easiest way to check if the stack is really working on the
> board? I want to be sure that this is hte case before I start do develop
an
> application using the stack.

> Maybe there`s a simple main event loop that can be used?

There is no example application for this board yet.
I'll take this as a feature request, though if you
have some embedded sw experience it shouldn't be too hard.
(takes you a day or two)

If you can't wait:

Just while(1) {} infinitely and use a couple
of if(){} to check for interrupts from a timer
and the cs8900. Call the timer rounines from
within these if(){} as I said before.

Bye,

Christiaan Simons

Software Engineer