lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] slip recvs corrupted packets

From: Christiaan Simons
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] slip recvs corrupted packets
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2005 10:39:00 +0100

On Tue, 2005-01-04 at 05:41, Chris Frost wrote:

> The problem and my solution, in case it might be helpful for others:

Thank you for your suggestion.

> I call slipif_loop_iter() very frequently from within the tight loop that
> already calls tcp_[fast|slow]tmr() every TCP_[FAST|SLOW]_INTERVAL.

This is similar to servicing ethernet interfaces
like low_level_input() in ehternetif().

You could try calling this slipif_loop_iter function only
when there is new data using some form of event handling.

> bsd sockets to lwip in our os, reading how the socket interface

An improved socket API is a outstanding feature
requests on the lwip bug tracker...

Bye,
Christiaan.