lwip-users

[lwip-users] patch etharp

From: Andreas Becker
Subject: [lwip-users] patch etharp
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 11:04:21 +0100

Hi all,

im working on a DHCP extension to make it more RFC2131 compatible and able to
use DHCP-Reboot. ( Patch comming soon.)

I noticed an wrong behavior, if we do an DHCP_DOES_ARP_CHECK with an
unconfigured interface. First to assign an IP-number to our interface we have
to (ARP-)check it. The answer is then "for_us" with an unconfigured
Interface. But if we have an unconfigured Interface, the ARP-answer will not
be processed.

So I think it's better to check, if the Ethernet-MAC of the received packet
matches our MAC-address.

void
etharp_arp_input(struct netif *netif, struct eth_addr *ethaddr, struct pbuf
*p)
{
  /* this interface is not configured? */
#if 0
  if (netif->ip_addr.addr == 0) {
    for_us = 0;
  } else {
     /* ARP packet directed to us? */
    for_us = ip_addr_cmp(&dipaddr, &(netif->ip_addr));
  }
#else
  if (memcmp(netif->hwaddr, ethaddr, netif->hwaddr_len) == 0 /*equal*/)
  {
    for_us = 1;
  }
  else