lwip-users

RE: [lwip-users] lwip ports an BSD sockets.

From: Karl Kobel
Subject: RE: [lwip-users] lwip ports an BSD sockets.
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 17:00:58 -0600

A port to any non-OS platform is relativity easy. Just compile the code
in your chosen compiler. I ported it to a Renesas 2339 without an OS. I
use the raw api, and didn't include the other api's.

Implementing a BSD style api without using an OS may be more
problematic. The BSD api blocks while waiting for something to happen,
only when something happens will the call return. This wouldn't allow
anything else execute.

It may be easier to convert your other apps to use the raw api (I'm
faced with this myself). The raw api has callbacks that execute when
something happens.

Karl

BTW - I resend my previous question regarding porting PPP to the rwa
api. I used SLIP which will work fine.