lwip-users

RE: [lwip-users] DHCP

From: Tim Robbins
Subject: RE: [lwip-users] DHCP
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 10:41:55 +1000

[...]
> After a little bit more tweaking I got to a point where I
> would make a dhcp request, but I always got a dhcp NAK from
> the server.  I think it was because of the IP/Subnet/GW info
> I passed to netif_add().  I tried changing thins so I passed
> in IP/Subnet/GW = 0.0.0.0, and now I'm sending dhcp discover,
> and getting an offer, but then I get the following error:
>
> SYS_ARCH:current_thread: Could not find current thread!
>
> Then program execution stops.  I cannot remember what the
> exact file is that contains this error.  It is part of the
> v2pro port included by Xilinx.  If I remember correctly it is
> the ultimate result of a call to dhcp_timeout(), but I need
> to double check that.
>
> I realize that this is a problem specific to the port I'm
> using, but if you have any ideas I'd love to hear them.
> Thank you for all of your assistance thus far.

I'm unfamiliar with that particular port, but my best guess is that you're
calling an lwIP function from the context of a thread created directly by
the underlying RTOS rather than one created by sys_thread_new(). The
semaphore and mailbox functions, as well as sys_timeout(), are picky about
this.

Tim