lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] How can I use "lwip" to build up a tcp-client?

From: Alberto Martin-Ortega
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] How can I use "lwip" to build up a tcp-client?
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 12:47:10 +0200

Hi Daniel, there are some things that you have to do before using LwIP on PPC405.
    - Are you using the RAW API or the Sockets API? If you are using sockets you should know that are going to need the XilKernel up in order to have multithreading. However, if you want to use the RAW API, you wont need any OS, so you will work standalone system.
    - Do you want a tcp or an udp client? TCP has more needs as, timers and some calls to other funtions. UDP is much more easier.

Give me some more feedback about this things and I will help you through this tedius (not much) duty.
Regards

Alberto.
Alberto Martin-Ortega
Hardware Engineer