lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] lwip netconn_recv problem

From: Jim Gibbons
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] lwip netconn_recv problem
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 08:49:52 -0700

Try using "lwip_select" from the socket interface from sockets.c.  (This is also defined to be "select" in socket.h.)  The sockets interface is very close to that found in Linux/Unix, so you can get most of what you need to know from documents about Linux/Unix.  It's best to check the source, though.  lwIP is small, and some features are deleted.

Avant Pro Trust wrote:
Dear LWIP user,

I am Dorin Mitrut from Bucharest, Romania.

I work to an embedded system and I use LWIP library.

Probably you have been asked many times on this problem but I do not
have found one detailed answer to this problem:
As you know, if we use netconn_recv to receive dates, the thread remain
blocked until the server close the connection or send some dates.
I have a thread where I want to check only if data exist and, if not,
pass to next actions.

Do you can give me one practical solution to avoid blocking thread when
check dates existence with netconn_recv function?

Is it any kind to resolving this problem using only LWIP library?
Can I use another function to verifing dates exictence who not block the thread?

Please help me.

Best Regardes,

Dorin Mitrut