lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Lwip UDP performance

From: Timmy Brolin
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Lwip UDP performance
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 00:16:56 +0100

* Is lwip polled or interrupt driven. I've had a look at the code and looks like
it's a bit of both... (I call lan91c111if_service(&netif); from main, the
function is part of the driver provided for nios2.)

If you have a Ethernet MAC with DMA support (common for CPUs with integrated 100Mbit/s MAC) then you can set it up so that the MAC will automatically transfer the packets to pbuf chains using DMA. Then when there are one or more pbuf chains filled with packets, you get an interrupt. In this case it is of course interrupt driven, and quite efficient.

* Is there an option to disable the udp checksum check? Or is it a case of
modifying the code?

Don't know.
In etiher case, have you assembly optimized the checksum routine?
Checksum optimization has a huge impact on both UDP and TCP performance.

/Timmy