lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] minimal echo running in cygwin

From: Pedro Alves
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] minimal echo running in cygwin
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 10:13:01 +0100

address@hidden wrote:

Has anyone been able to get the minimal application (i.e. echo server) to run under cygwin? I can successfully compile it, but it fails because it cannot find the tap interface. I found only a few archive messages about cygwin, but nothing specific about running echop.
I am running the contrib/msvc6 port compiled with visual studio 2003. It uses winpcap for the interface. I guess it should be possible to compile it in cygwin too. It doesn't compile out of the box, because the port is a little bit outdated, but the changes required are minimal. If you want I can give you a tarball
that works for me.

Cheers,
Pedro Alves