lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Porting/memory/connect issues

From: Hampus Thorell
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Porting/memory/connect issues
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 13:26:06 +0200

Hey!

I am only using the internal memory of the FPGA chip (128kb +128kb +64kb).

The modifications I made that really made a difference was that I set config_pthread_support - pthread_stack_size to 1000 (default) and config_pthread_support - max_pthreads to 10 (default). I also changed pbuf_options - pbuf_pool_bufsize to 32 which results in a pretty small stack. These modifications together with some smaller changes gave me a total size of 220 kb.

Hampus

Matthew Yingling wrote:
Hi Hampus,

No external memory?  This sounds interesting.  Are you using a Microblaze or
PowerPC processor or some custom hardware approach?  Whenever I tried
limiting the memory footprint it was still far too large to fit within chip
resources.  What kind of settings are you using?

Thanks,
Matthew Yingling