lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] minimal echo running in cygwin

From: Pedro Alves
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] minimal echo running in cygwin
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2006 13:06:43 +0100

Pedro Alves wrote:

Evgeny Belyanco wrote:

PA> address@hidden wrote:
Has anyone been able to get the minimal application (i.e. echo server) to run under cygwin? I can successfully compile it, but it fails because it cannot find the tap interface. I found only a few archive messages about cygwin, but nothing specific about running echop.

PA> I am running the contrib/msvc6 port compiled with visual studio 2003. It PA> uses winpcap for the interface. I guess it should be possible to compile PA> it in cygwin too. PA> It doesn't compile out of the box, because the port is a little bit PA> outdated, but the changes required are minimal. If you want I can give PA> you a tarball
PA> that works for me.

Can you upload this tarball?
Ok, here is a patch against current cvs contrib/ports/msvc6.

It depends on two environment variables:
$(LWIP_SRC) -> the lwip/src dir.
$(WINPCAP_SDK) -> The winpcap sdk dir.

I haven't tested this in a while, so no guaranties.
There is much space for improvement. It would be nice to be able to pass the desired interface on argv. Winpcap builds on cygwin too, so it shouldn't be too hard to port this to cygwin. Also, I think it would be better to write an nmake makefile, than to depend on ms solutions or projects.

Cheers,
Pedro Alves

---
Changelog: 2006-07-03    Pedro Alves    <address@hidden>
* contrib/ports/msvc6/include/arch/sys_arch.h (sys_mem, sys_mem_t, sys_mbox, sys_mbox_t, sys_thread, sys_thread_t, ): Remove.
   * contrib/ports/msvc6/pktdrv.c (get_adapter_name): New function.
(init_adapter_by_name): New function based on old init_adapter.
(init_adapter): Adapt to the splitting.
* contrib/ports/msvc6/pktif.c (ethernetif_input): Use sizeof struct eth_hdr instead of numeric constant. * contrib/ports/msvc6/test.c (main_loop): Adapt to ptkdrv.c changes. Call netif_set_up and raw_init.
   * contrib/ports/msvc6/lwip4.vcproj: New file for Visual studio 2003.
   * contrib/ports/msvc6/pktif.vcproj: Ditto.
   * contrib/ports/msvc6/test.sln: Ditto.
   * contrib/ports/msvc6/test.vcproj: Ditto.

<frustration>

Aargh! Since Thunderbird errored me while sending this *and* it didn't save a copy to the sent folder, I thought this hadn't gone through.
Looks like I ended up writing the same mail twice for nothing.
Please ignore this and reply to the other one, while I go submit a bug report to their bugzilla.

</frustration>

Cheers,
Pedro Alves