lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Lwip Socket Library

From: Dennis Sandwiese
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Lwip Socket Library
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 17:57:59 -0700 (PDT)

> On Thu, 2006-07-13 at 13:14 -0700, Dennis Sandwiese
> wrote:
> > It seg faults. Please
> > see the trace below. Does this ring a bell for
> you?
>
> I'm afraid not.  It is becoming increasingly
> apparent that the library
> example has suffered from neglect and is no longer
> particularly
> functional.  Sadly, our contrib module tends to lag
> behind and be rather
> less supported than the core stack, which should be
> much more stable
> than this example is suggesting.
>
> Sorry I'm not of more help on this occasion,

Actually it was partially my fault. I passed a null
remote address buffer to accept. Adding a quick check
to lwip_accept, took care of it. Now, its working
fine. Thanks for your help so far.

On a different topic, is there a way two unrelated
processes could share the same instance of lwip? What
is a good place to start if I want to run lwip as an
independent "service" that other processes in the
system could share. Does lwip thread need direct
access to the address space of the application? Any
pointers appreciated.

Regards,
Dennis